It is crucial to take proper care of your designer footwear for which you have invested a substantial part of your income and savings. Designer footwear is not only expensive but is usually one of a kind.
Proper prevention is key when it comes to protecting your expensive designer shoes from getting soiled or dusty. Store your exorbitant shoes properly and run regular maintenance checks to keep them new as ever.
Apart from that, you can buy pocket insurance plan for shoes offered by Bajaj Finserv under Pocket Insurance & Subscriptions for overall protection from other unforeseen damages.
What is covered under the shoe insurance plan?
Under a shoes insurance policy, you will receive coverage in the following situation –
- Accidental damage – Damages caused accidentally to your shoes are the primary problems you can come across. In that case, not only will it be impossible to wear them, it will also cause significant damage to the shoes.
These situations are covered under a shoes insurance plan, where you can obtain a coverage amount equal to the invoice value of the shoes or up to the maximum insured amount.
Nonetheless, you can only make claims under a shoes insurance policy if they were in your custody at the time of damage. To avail financial coverage in case of loss or damage to your shoes due to burglary, theft and accidents, you can opt for an insurance scheme such as purchase protection cover.
- Fire or other natural calamities – Fires, riots, strikes, explosions, and other perils along with natural calamities can also cause damage to your expensive shoes. Shoes Insurance policy offered by financial aggregators provides financial aid to protect your shoes in case of all the situations mentioned above.
You can also avail similar coverage when availing policies like designer clothes insurance policy. These policies financially safeguard the insured individual against losses sustained to repair or replace a designer dress against any accidental damage. These policies also provide coverage against any loss caused because of incidents of manmade as well as natural incidents, including riot, strikes, fire, flood, earthquakes, etc.
Application procedure for insurance policy
Follow the below-mentioned steps to apply for a shoes pocket insurance policy.
- Visit the official website of Bajaj Finserv.
- Submit the online application form after putting in all the necessary information.
- After completing the submission procedure, you will have to make the payment for the premium. The payment procedure is simple too. Premiums can be paid via any online payment method of your choice such as UPI, debit card, bank account fund transfer, mobile wallet.
The procedure to file an insurance claim has been simplified too. You have to inform your financial service provider within 24 hours of the incident to raise a claim. Claims can be submitted at the customer service website. You can also contact the financial service provider via phone, email, or by post.
Documentation required during the claim settlement process
The following documents are mandatory while claiming for insurance coverage.
- Invoice or bill copy received during the time of purchase.
- Claim form containing all the required details.
- In case of burglary or theft, the FIR copy is essential.
- A copy of KYC documents such as PAN card, voter card, Aadhaar card, and passport is required.
Protect your expensive designer shoes by implementing regular maintenance. Subsequently, opt for the best shoes health insurance which will provide financial coverage against any unexpected accidents. By paying a nominal premium, you can avail coverage of up to Rs.10,000 from Bajaj Finserv.